KELOWNA VALLEY INSURANCE SERVICES
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services’ clients have entrusted us with their personal information. The Agency has a long history of providing good service to its clients, treating all clients with respect and dignity, and protecting their privacy. If we provide you with products and services, we will do all we can to protect your personal information.
Commitment to its Clients
- Protect the confidentiality of your personal information
- Keep you informed about our privacy policies and practices
- Let you see your personal information
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, unless required or authorized by law.
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services has Privacy Policies that explain more fully how and why the Agency collects, uses, and discloses your personal information. This information is available to you. Please contact the Agency’s Privacy Officer.
Statement of Purpose
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services will collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide and administer the insurance products and services that you request, including:
- Providing information to third party suppliers of products and services
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information
- Confirming your application and information, and assessing your eligibility and suitability for insurance products and services
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums, including collection of debts owed to Kelowna Valley Insurance Services
- Protecting you, the Agency, or other persons from fraud and error, such as identity theft
- Identifying you and making sure your records are kept separate from others; verifying information collected from you with the credit reporting agencies and others; and verifying information provided by third parties
- Complying with the law and regulatory requirements
- Understanding your needs and determining the suitability of products and services for you offered by our affiliated companies
- Assisting you and ensuring the proper handling and administration of your insurance claims
- Managing or transferring assets or liabilities of the Agency, such as in the case of acquisitions and mergers
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services may disclose your information to:
- Associations in connection with providing and administering insurance services that you request
- Lawyers, notaries public, managing general agencies and/or any other enterprise as may be reasonably required for the purposes already stated
- Bailiffs, collection agencies, lawyers and others when collecting a debt owed to Kelowna Valley Insurance Services, enforcing an agreement between you and Kelowna Valley Insurance Services, and insuring or otherwise protecting the Agency’s interests.
- Authorities as required or authorized by law
If you have a joint policy/account with Kelowna Valley Insurance Services, your personal information including information in connection with products and services provided to you individually under the same number as the joint policy/account, may be disclosed to all joint tenants of the joint policy/account
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Kelowna Valley Insurance Services collect information about me?
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services collects personal information from you directly when you apply for insurance. Some personal information is required by law to ascertain identity. With your consent, Kelowna Valley Insurance Services may also collect information from credit reporting agencies, references provided by you. Your consent can be express or implied.
Can I decline to have my personal information collected, used, or disclosed for certain purposes?
Yes, you can decline to have your personal information collected, used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you can opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes such as:
- Receiving information from Kelowna Valley Insurance Services about products and services or special promotions
- Sharing information with organizations for the purpose of providing you with information about products or services
To choose these options, please contact our Privacy Officer and ask for an opt-out request form
You can also decline to have your personal information collected, used, or disclosed for other purposes. This may mean that Kelowna Valley Insurance Services will not be able to provide you with products and services requested.
What will happen if I opt out of marketing purposes?
If you opt out of receiving marketing information from Kelowna Valley Insurance Services, you may no longer receive information about new products or special promotions including activities and events. Kelowna Valley Insurance Services will continue to send you account information, policies, and information required by law. Your request to opt out of receiving marketing information will not affect your eligibility for any products or services.
How does Kelowna Valley Insurance Services protect my personal information?
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services staff members are required to treat all personal and financial information confidentially. Kelowna Valley Insurance Services has many policies, practices, and physical and electronic systems in place to safeguard personal information under Kelowna Valley Insurance Services control; and to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal of your personal information.
What can I do to protect my personal information?
It is your personal responsibility to protect information misuse. You should safeguard your insurance documents that carry account numbers, driver’s license numbers, plate numbers at all times. You should not send confidential information to Kelowna Valley Insurance Services or anyone else by using internet email that is not encrypted. You should review your account information carefully and let us know immediately if your address changes or you find any errors in your information.
Can I view or verify my personal information?
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services has always provided policies or copies of policies or other documents upon request, if we still have them. Kelowna Valley Insurance Services may charge a fee for providing copies of documents.
For more extensive information, you can complete an access to information request. You will be provided with an estimate for the fee for obtaining the information. For information and assistance, please contact Kelowna Valley Insurance Services’ Privacy Officer. We’ll respond within 30 days or if we need an extension of time, we’ll notify you of the new deadline and the reason for the extension.
If you ask, we will assist you to contact other organizations to whom we have disclosed your information.
By law, Kelowna Valley Insurance Services must not provide or may withhold some types of information. For example, Kelowna Valley Insurance Services will not provide information that reveals the identity of another individual or that individual’s personal information, without that individual’s consent; information that cannot be disclosed for legal or security reasons; information that is confidential commercial information.
If there are any errors in your information, we will correct the information, wherever possible.
If you wish to verify your credit history, please contact the credit bureau directly. We will help you to contact the credit bureau.
How long does Kelowna Valley Insurance Services keep my information?
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services keeps your personal information as long as it is needed to provide you with products and services you have applied for, and to meet legal and business requirements, after which the information is destroyed or erased, or we remove your name from the information.
Kelowna Valley Insurance Services may use personal information collected in the past when you apply for new products and services, in which case, Kelowna Valley Insurance Services confirms or updates your information for marketing purposes such as sending you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing information.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Kelowna Valley Insurance Services’ Privacy Officer; Brett Innis, Branch Manager 1-800-663-4200 Ext 236. Email: email@example.com Kelowna Valley Insurance Services is located at: 156 – 1876 Cooper Road, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 9N6, as well as Glen Park Village, 115 – 1940 Kane Road, Kelowna, BC V1V 2J9.
Our Privacy Officer will answer your questions about privacy and provide you, if you ask, with information about Kelowna Valley Insurance Services’ Privacy Policies and Practices and how we respond to complaints. The Privacy Officer can also help you complete and access information requests, help you access or correct your personal information, and try to resolve any concerns or complaints about privacy to the satisfaction of you and Kelowna Valley Insurance Services.